submitted by Kytherian Cultural Exchange on 22.10.2012
The joint Committee for the Commemoration of the Anniversary of the Battle for Crete and Greek Campaign invites you to a
to be held in honour of the 70th Anniversary of the Greek and Crete Campaigns
Date of event : 6 Dec 2012
Place: State Parliament Theatrette
Bookings essential by 22 November 2012
(Enquiries: 0438 007 560)
RSVP: Dr Maria Hill (Convenor )
email: Email Maria Hill
The speakers for the symposium are:
• Professor Joy Damousi - University of Melbourne ( our keynote speaker) http://history.unimelb.edu.au/about/staff/damousi.html
• Dr Ian Frazer - retired senior lecturer from the University of Otago , Dunedin will be speaking about "History of Escape and Evasion in Enemy Occupied Crete 1941- 1943" http://www.times.co.nz/books/on-the-run.html
• Dr Brian Taaffe - New Zealander who is speaking about his book: The Gate Keepers of Galatas - about his father's involvement in the New Zealand Petrol Company that fought on Crete http://www.redkangaroobooks.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2081183
• Susanna De Vries about her book - Blue Ribbons Bitter Bread on the life of on Joice Nan Kivell Loch. http://susannadevries.com/blue_ribbons_bitter_bread.html
• Dr Maria Hill discussing the Australian relationship with the Greeks during WW2 http://www.mariahill.com.au/diggersandgreeks/
• Dr Michael Bendon (archaeologist) talking about his discovery of sunken naval craft off the coast of Crete: http://www.smh.com.au/world/mystery-emerges-from-the-deep-20120825-24t2d.html and http://neoskosmos.com/news/en/a-cretan-mystery-revealed
This event is sponsored by the NSW Government
Teacher, journalist, poet and author, Sydney NSW Australia
‘Andrew’ Anargyros Vretos Fatseas
Andrew Victor Fatseas (Andy)
1907 – 1998
“Whether in bliss or in distress, I never...
I thought I replied earlier, but maybe I forgot. We're related, I'm a Paspalas also, the village...
My uncle Angelo from St. Louis used to tell us that the family came from Kythira but...
About 5 minutes into the program Ada Margariti, who is an Attorney at Law, speaks about how she came to...
Interviewed during his visit to Australia, 2013.
August 17, 2010
103.2 HOPE - radio station
You’ve heard of PhDs in science, medicine and education but have you...
kythera we dont see anymore, this photo was taken in the early 80s, when it wasnt uncommon to see this...
great initiative from Mr.Peter Manea [ middle ] from sydney who from his own doing and costings is placing a...
18.08.2018 (Message Board)
24.07.2018 (Message Board)
18.07.2018 (Message Board)
Chora - 3000e, 2 bedrooms, 2 small baths, 2 sitting areas, eat in kitchen, furnished, veranda with...
08.08.2018 (Message Board)
Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about...