submitted by Graham Brooks & Associates on 29.05.2006
1. Barry Sharp. Showcases of the Past, Volume 1, A Pictorial History of Sydney’s Suburban Cinemas, pp. 9f, Kings Theatre Circuit, cit. p. 9.
2. R. Thorne and K. Cork, For All The Kings Men, pp. 32-35, Rose Bay North Kings.
3. The Sydney Morning Herald, 24 June 1935, as quoted in Thorne and Cork, For All The Kings Men, p. 32.
4. Anonymous Author, Three New Suburban Theatres, in Building, 24 May 1938, pp. 29-39, 67
5. Ibid, p. 32-33.
6. In preparation of this report was used the second edition of the Register, published in 1997 by the Department of Architecture, University of Sydney, under title Cultural Heritage of Movie Theatres in NSW 1896-1996.
7. Anonymous Author, Three New Suburban Theatres, in Building, 24 May 1938, pp. 29-39, 67, cit. p. 31.
8. Ibid, p. 33.
9. Barry Sharp, Showcases of the Past, Vol. 1, A Pictorial History of Sydney’s Suburban Cinemas, pp. 9f, Kings Theatre Circuit.
10. Ibid, p. 9.
11. Woollahra LEP 1995, Development Control Table, Zone 3 C, point 6, Development which is Prohibited.
HERITAGE IMPACT ASSESSMENT
Gerard Thomas Associates
GRAHAM BROOKS AND ASSOCIATES PTY LTD
Coles Myer Property Developments Ltd purchased and developed the site.
In 2003, Architects, Gerard Thomas and Associates, submitted a development application to Whoolhara Council.
Australia's second largest grocery chain Coles was to be the anchor tenant in the retail part of the development. 2 Commercial offices were incorporated into the development. The upper levels of the development included 9 residential units.
As part of the Development Application, Graham Brooks and Associates, Architects and Heritage Consultants, were commissioned to draft a Heritage Impact Assessment, which they presented to Council in January 2002.
Graham Brooks & Associates
Lvl 1/ 71 York St Sydney 2000
(02) 9299 8600
Fax (02) 9299 8711
Email, Graham Brooks & Associates
In March 2006, the development was completed, and Coles supermarket opened for business.
The Developer and the Heritage Architects have done extraordinarily well in maintaining the unique external appearance of the original Kings Theatre.
Teacher, journalist, poet and author, Sydney NSW Australia
‘Andrew’ Anargyros Vretos Fatseas
Andrew Victor Fatseas (Andy)
1907 – 1998
“Whether in bliss or in distress, I never...
I thought I replied earlier, but maybe I forgot. We're related, I'm a Paspalas also, the village...
My uncle Angelo from St. Louis used to tell us that the family came from Kythira but...
About 5 minutes into the program Ada Margariti, who is an Attorney at Law, speaks about how she came to...
Interviewed during his visit to Australia, 2013.
August 17, 2010
103.2 HOPE - radio station
You’ve heard of PhDs in science, medicine and education but have you...
kythera we dont see anymore, this photo was taken in the early 80s, when it wasnt uncommon to see this...
great initiative from Mr.Peter Manea [ middle ] from sydney who from his own doing and costings is placing a...
18.08.2018 (Message Board)
24.07.2018 (Message Board)
18.07.2018 (Message Board)
Chora - 3000e, 2 bedrooms, 2 small baths, 2 sitting areas, eat in kitchen, furnished, veranda with...
08.08.2018 (Message Board)
Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about...